Sunday, March 11, 2012

we have a house!

After a long-ish hunt we finally have purchased our first home!
When we first started looking we made a list of desirable:

  • Character
  • Floorboards
  • Renovated (but not poorly renovated)
  • Dishwasher
  • Three bedrooms
  • Outdoor entertaining
  • Natural light
  • Backyard
  • Undercover parking
  • Great Kitchen
  • Close to shops
  • Bike riding distance to my office
Oh and in our budget...

I had one lacklustre real estate agent tell me "i was dreaming" if I thought we would get what we want in our budget. I told him i usually get my way, it just may take some time.

We have purchased a 1950's workers cottage with most of the above checklist. It has character, but not as much as I was hoping for however it is ours, we love it and now only 32 sleeps til we move! 

Here is a sneak peak of the photos from the listing. The pervious owners have done a good quality renovation but not much in the way of decoration so its a blank canvas!




Structurally we dont need to do anything but we will need to purchase furniture, paint inside and out and build a deck, concrete an I are not friends! 

Let the fun begin! (oh and more budgeting as we have depleted our savings buying!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment